Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

fire in the presence of methane and coal dust

Andrzej Szmuk

I ask you to try in new versions of the program to introduce outposts (security through employees so that they do not reach the danger zone).  Assumptions - an employee who ensures that someone does not enter the fumes must stand in: stabilized clean (fresh") air at least after a double collapse of the excavations (in case of explosion). The second idea is to introduce zones and dams (dust, water) to prevent the transmission of carbon dust explosions. In the case of an explosion simulation (an explosion of coal dust or methane could be introduced) - then the explosion would not be pointy only would move up to the dam - where the flame and further spread would be interrupted - only heat, gases ... and in the case of an inflammation or explosion of methane - the explosion force would take into account the amount and concentration at a given mine site. Ideally, an automatic explosion would be taken into account in places with methane or the spread of coal dust. I also miss the assessment of the possibility of fire gases or secondary fire outbreaks at intersections with "fresh" air currentsWhat do you think? With respect, Szmuk Andrzej