Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Call out box/Text message not updatig

S_Speranza

Hi

A small bug I've come across; when making use of text boxes to present volumes and WB/DB temps at the same locations across different stages, the temperatures won't update when switching between Stages, unless I access the texts box > Advanced and re-select the preset "Favourite" data calling.

Cheers,

Stefano

bug.PNG

Hi Stefano, 

Thanks for your message.

This is probably because the airway being referenced does not exist in each stage. The Show All option can only point to one airway (indicated by the 1063814 in your image). 

The solution is to duplicate the message box and then change the stage selection in each so that each stage has its own message box.

Ideally you wouldn't have to do this, so in a future version of Ventsim we will make it so that if the airway is not found in the current stage, then it looks for an airway in the current stage at the same location. But for now you will have to do what I describe above and make a duplicate message box.