Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

How to bring airflow to a development decline

Bao Tran

Hi Team,

I am learning how to simulate a vent system for a development decline. The problem is now i have a decline which is being developed under the lowest level of exhaust drives, so how can provide air for that developing face? I was thinking of install a long duct from where the air turn into the lowest exhaust drive all the way to the developing face, but that could be inefficient.

Many thanks for your help.

ask 1.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bao,  

One way of ventilating the heading is a long duct as you mention.  Depending on the properties of the duct and the fan feeding it, there will be a maximum length and beyond this the duct will be unable to provide adequate airflow.  When this is the case, a new vent rise can be mined from the lowest exhaust down to the developing decline.  A regulator will be required on the exhaust airway for the level above.  This will force airflow down the decline to the return air access intersecting the decline closer to the face.  The fan can be hung just above the return air access to reduce the length of ducting required to reach the face.  I've annotated your screenshot below, see the red:

image.thumb.png.89f1f0abb341a2534733c1cea79317e2.png