Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

stench gas simulation

jijohn

i am trying to create a model to show our system under stenching the parts of mine. i have the manufacture rated scfm for the stench system. where do i input this value to see if the system is understenching.

also, do we select fixed rate or log decay from dynamic contaminant type?

what is the difference between injection (cfm) and dust injection? does these value relate to stench simulation?

• 2 months later...

Hi, sorry for missing this post. 

I suggest checking out these other 2 threads below which deal with stench gas. 

You would use the Contaminant Simulation to simulate stench. If you fix the concentration, then this will set the concentration regardless of airflow. If you use injection, then the concentration will vary with the airlfow. This is probably what you want to do with stench, where you are injecting a set amount of gas into the airstream. I've attached a model here which demonstrates the difference. 

You can do fixed rate or log decay to model the stench dynamically. Start with fixed rate, as it is a bit more straightforward to calculate the correct rate and time than for the decay option. 

This topic has come up fairly frequently, I will make a more detailed post about it soon and reference it here. 

stenchGasCalc.vsm