Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Different intake temperatures: Adjust INLET temperatures?

Fred_K

Hello!

Not sure whether this has been posted somewhere already, but is there a feature, either existing or planned, to allow setting of different INLET temperatures?

We have multiple shafts where there can be some temperature difference between them due to their location and surroundings, and the Surface Temperature Adjust feature is not able to adjust accordingly as it is only based on Z elevation, as far as I saw. Have done some measurements to check this.

Workarounds that I saw currently are either adding a piece of airway or inserting a node and setting the OUTLET temperature of that using a Heater, but that just doesn't seem very appropriate to me and may confuse other users of the models I'm working on.

Best regards,

Fred

An example is one shaft being in an exposed, less vegetated area while another is more vegetated area and in the shade, at the same time. I've been told that yes, there are some differences.

In my measurements I've seen differences of 1+ degrees dry and wet bulb - it was more of a curiosity measurement and I'll have to repeat. Am still keen on the answer to my original question - whether there is an easy way to adjust individually?

Fred