Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Toggle various heat icons on and off

Miguel Coelho

Hi

I would like to be toggle various heat sources on and off currently you can only toggle heat either on of off via the visibility menu, unless there is another way to do this?

For example I would like to only show the vehicle I have in the simulation visible and not display the other sources of heat icons.

I often have use the linear source heat input to assist in calibrating my models. However when you have the linear sources  and vehicles displayed it makes your model look "busy".

I have attached and image to show what I'm referring to.

Thanks

MC

image.png.11aadf525b35d4acd22829872ae50b59.png

Hi Miguel, 

There is no control that will hide the linear heat sources, but leave the other preset Icons. 

What I would suggest is to use the Activity Track instead. Click the Edit cursor on the red ribbon above the airways (or go to Settings | Activity Tracks). You can add the linear heat source here instead, which won't add the icons to the airways.

Test it both ways to make sure you are getting the same answer and if you have any questions, let me know. 

There is a thread here on Activity Tracks: 

It's typically used to distribute the heat from a moving discrete heat source (like a truck) along a path, but you can also use it to apply a linear heat source and it will distribute it correctly.