Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

General question: Ventsim languages

Hello!

A general question. What criteria must be fulfilled for additional languages to be added to Ventsim? Is it possible to provide translations and then have that integrated into a Ventsim release?

Asking this question out of curiosity, because I see English, Russian, Spanish, Chinese, Polish and Vietnamese as languages to choose in the System Settings - but not other potentially significant languages such as French and Turkish.

Best regards,

Fred

Hi Fred, 

Thanks for your enquiry. We add a new language to Ventsim mainly as a function of the interest we detect, through messages such as the one you've just sent us! I take it you would be interested in a French or Turkish version?

There has been talk of making a French version, so that may happen soon. There is a fair amount of work to do to add a language. Also we need someone of course fluent in the language and with some knowledge of the field and appropriate vocabulary. If you're interested in participating in making a translation please let us know.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the response! Personally I have no need for a French or Turkish version, because I speak neither language, but their lack was a curiosity to me because for example Vietnamese isn't among the most common "mining" languages that pop up, whereas Turkish and French would. I fully understand your point that that there's a bit of work involved.

As for interest in participation in providing translations, from my side that is there in principle - would just have to check if there's also interest from the people here that would benefit the most from it.

Thanks,

Fred