Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Suggestion - Data Box: Text of variable displayed

Fred_K

Hello,

A suggestion of sorts. 

Is it possible to add the text of the variables displayed in the Data Boxes before the values?

For example, if I select the variables "Gas: NO" and "Gas: CO", both could display as "0%" without any identifying information. This in my opinion makes it a bit difficult to immediately identify which value belongs to which gas, unless I go in and check. if the order of display hasn't been switched around or if the correct Data Box setup is used (Multiple Data Box setups could be present in any model), or if e.g. "Gas: NO" hasn't been erroneously replaced with "Gas: H2" by someone (also in "%").

If there could be a tickbox where you turn on/off the variable names in the Data Boxes, for example "NO" form "Gas: NO" or "CO" from "Gas: CO", that would in my opinion add more clarity. Similar for any temperature (°C) or pressure (Pa) related variables.

To make the point, here is an example:

image.thumb.png.2ea8e0c697c23c571969b4711da945f5.png

Best regards,

Fred

Hi,

We will have a look at doing this. 

However, we have been pushing users towards using message boxes for this.

image.png.d38ad0e40fbd8d9afceda2b6426ade81.png

With these, you can edit and add your own text around data in the message box. 

If you get the very latest version here, it will also add the variable text automatically. 

Let us know how you go.