Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Ventsim centerline query

Customer

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen:

My query concerns the centerline location.  From the manual, tutorials, and videos it appears that the default centerlines are mid-drift.  The centerlines in the file are mid-back.  I do not see using the mid-drift convention as a difficulty, but want to confirm whether the Ventsim centerlines can be assigned to the back.  The development project I am modeling will have extensive runs of primary duct until raise locations are reached.  The airway offset utility appears tailored for ductwork and twinned drifts/drives, and I want to confirm that I should not also try to use it for adjusting the 

Respectfully,

Subject: RE: Ventsim centerline query

Yes when you use the Convert to Center lines it will create airways using that is exact center of airway.. (see first picture attached)

However it is fairly easy to move the airways that you’ve just created by the required amount – see second and third pictures attached.

Just select all the newly imported airways click on the Move tool, and click on the airways and the move dialog will ask you for new co-ordinates.

Let me know if that will be easy enough for you to move the airways to correct position…

Regards

Airways created from center lines

Picture 1.png

Select all airways and click move – change the elevation if required

5acab40db2a50_picture2.png.4dbd5fe1db68471edf08b7751716155a.png

Newly positioned airways

Picture 3.png

John Armstrong

Manager Software Development

Howden Simsmart

Suite 14

2 Loraine Street