Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Principal Mechanical Engineer

Hi Kevin,

If you can tell me what you've tried?

See below image..

1. I've clicked on the tool bar button to set the background image (selected an image file)

2. clicked on the pencil and use the mouse to left click on the bottom left (see the red dots, i'm part way through building this shape)

3. click save and we have new shape, note: no need to close the shape it will automatically connect the last dot and first dot (the green line)

775844746_CustomProfile2.png.23cd8d22afb82c2ec6a78b21fdfc94c7.png

Let me know how you go 

Note: you can also copy and paste the points from excel

Regards

That should be John of course, should check my typing! Anyway, how would I get the centre to locate at the 0,0 position?  Before it was just a case of centring the profile around the 0,0 point, but can't figure out how to achieve that here. In this case, it is half of a drive being excavated, and I want it to centre in alignment with the full drive profile.

Capture.PNG

Hi Kevin

We have made a minor release that includes changes to the Profile Builder that will address the issues we have discussed. This can be downloaded https://ventsim.com/download/minor-releases/ and selected the VentSim™ Design  - Version 5.2.7.1
Minor Release

Draw your tunnel profile by selecting the pen button and placing dots on the blank canvas. Alternatively load an image onto the canvas via the image button and dot trace around the image.

image.png.0e239f27fd73ee166f05f7ec00795e00.png

Select the center point position from the center point dropdown. Options are middle, top, bottom, left, right. For a ‘half’ profile use left or right

image.png.eff78eeb55c51c38fbde820331fa4567.png

Then click on the Apply button. This will transform the points to a 1:1 aspect ratio and the image will fill the canvas area. The changed image and points will be displayed at this stage. Click close and the profile is ready to use.

As the profile is adjusted to a 1:1 aspect ratio you can set the tunnel Width and Height values and the correct Area will be calculated and tunnel will by drawn in Ventsim at the correct aspect ratio to give a reasonable visual appearance of the profile.

image.png.fd73bb7f09f841fe0115265a76c44248.png

Regards

Don Wallace