Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Liquid Color

Hello, I'm changing the liquid color and save it but unfortunately when I'm using any tank to simulate then the color of the liquid remain unchanged. Would you please help me to change the color of liquid so that I can see the submersible pump inside the Tank. Thanks in advance!

Hi Sohel,

I am unsure if this is what you are wanting to achieve but if you are using a 3D container style of tank in the model and want to see the objects under the water level, there is a setting found by going to the Main Menu Bar -> Settings -> Rendering. Then change the Container3DTransparentWater setting from 255 (fully solid) to a smaller value like say 160 or 180.  This is the Alpha value of the colour which represents how transparent the colour is from 0 being completely invisible to 255 being completely solid.

You will also need to check that the setting labelled FittingBeforeDxf is set to true, as the other way around will obscure the fittings behind the reference layers.

image.png.7c6c9c570b85e455977e47b1f1998540.png

This will change a view like this with 255 as the setting:

image.thumb.png.6c16a5032d4c68a6ccd642bf7d118daa.png

To look like this with 180 as the setting:

image.thumb.png.3e486872ebd56dc57deac053b15f80ab.png

If you would also like the water colour itself to change, that is not a feature in Pumpsim 3.  We are considering adding an option to colour tanks fluid by the fluid type setting in the new Pumpsim DESIGN though.  Please let us know if that is something you are interested in seeing.

Regards,

Craig