Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

PQ survey

• 2 weeks later...

PQ Surveys are measured with an accurate anemometer (airflow velocity meter), a manometer (differential pressure meter) or barometer (atmospheric pressure meter), and a distance measuring device (tape measure or laser measure).  Once pressure and airflow are measured, Atkinson's formula can be used to determine resistance.

The methods can vary with different practitioners, however a great summary is provided in McPherson's Subsurface Ventilation Engineering book available here https://www.mvsengineering.com/files/Subsurface-Book/MVS-SVE_Chapter06.pdf

The attached file by John Rowland is also an excellent reference to barometric surveys.

Barometric Surveys Resistance JR.pdf

• 1 month later...

Hi David,

I also second both the above resources- they give an excellent background on PQ surveys.

If you're looking for more info or need a hand with a PQ survey, feel free to reach out to me at jbowling@srk.com. I can send you a small presentation on how to do it; we have videos on airflow and pressure measurement, and I can recommend instruments. I can also come help you conduct a PQ survey at your mine.

Cheers,

John