Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Convert Centrelines

Hi Kingsley,

This is a new feature we recently added, where you can break up an imported reference layer by colour and automatically add it to primary and secondary layers. Then when you convert to centreline, you click yes to the question and your airways are automatically assigned to primary and secondary layers. 

This option should only trigger when the reference layers have been assigned to a primary or secondary layer. To avoid it, when importing the centrelines, make sure that the option highlighted below (Create P/S Layers) is unchecked. 

image.png.f1de32f44dcf3ae6b9f84c8d8df92848.png

I hope this makes the problem go away. If not, please let us know; there are a limited number of circumstances where it may still appear; if so, we will come up with a solution. 

Hi Martin,

Thanks so much for the reply. However, when importing, I am actually splitting the layers by name not by colour and as a result the "Create P/S Layers" is not available. See below. Interestingly, and maybe this will help solve what's going on, I have this issue when converting centrelines after importing these references into the existing model (not created by me). Yet, when I import the references into a new Ventsim model and convert centrelines, I don't get the response box regarding Primary and Secondary layers.

image.png.c28248566fcf43b38f4594c00f4c0e31.png

Regards,

Kingsley

If the reference layer being converted has been assigned to a primary or secondary layer (through the option in the import window or by editing the reference layer) then converting it will ask the question if you want the airway layers to inherit from the reference graphics layers. So the Ventsim model you are working with probably has had the reference layers assigned. 

We will make an improvement for the next version. We can make it so that the question is only ever asked once every time you open Ventsim (similar to the message when you first use the StageLock). And then it can be changed later through the settings if needed.  

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. Otherwise, I will update you again when the new version is available

image.png