Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Introducing Diesel Equipment

Hi there,

I have set up the layout of my airways, intakes and exhaust locations, and want to input the amount of diesel equipment/contaminants into the mine for an active development crew going to different headings throughout the mine. 

On the Contaminant drop-down on the tool bar I have diesel selected and I have tried to edit airways under the contaminant icon. If I input a concentration under the On/Off toggle is this the correct way to go about introducing diesel equipment? Would I have to manually adjust where the equipment is for each active heading or can I select all airways and input the total concentration of the development crew to mimic them moving throughout the mine. 

Thanks for your help!

Hi, 

For diesel machines, it is better to use the Diesel Simulation, which will find any Diesel Heat inputs in your mine and generate the appropritate amounts of contaminant. You can add Diesel Power on the Heat tab of the Edit form. But from what you are saying you probably want to use an Activity Track

This tool will allow you to choose a path that the vehicles use and you can then add any number of units of vehicles to this track. Then the Diesel Simulation will pick find these and generate the contaminants. 

Have a go and get back to us with any questions you have. Feel free to send us a model to take a look at.