Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

problems with exported from DM file.

Good afternoon!
I have faced with the next problem. I use ventilation model was exported from Datamine software. Cross sections and other parametres were set up in Datamine too. But I discovered that exported tunnels look much bigger on screen that tunnels that were drawn in Ventsim with standart profiles. But their parameters  (squares) are identical at the same time. It doesn`t affect results, but it looks strange. Of course, I can redraw crossections in presets, but I would prefer to get completely ready for work model after export. I have added a couple of screenshots for demonstration. Could you tell me what is the problem and how I can solve it? Thank you.1853140891_screen1.thumb.JPG.3ac19686371c3120e1247edc8b31b07b.JPG1408423400_screen2.thumb.JPG.37109a3d11e9cef5d92b0f48b46da55f.JPG1754768795_screen3.JPG.8c607772326c8a095c4a0c5af4ad7da6.JPG

Hi, I see the problem. My suspicion is that the shapes have not been non-dimensionalized after importing. It is important to note that the profile shapes define the shape, not the size of the cross -section. It concerns me that your imported shapes look smaller in the presets window, they should all be roughly the same size. 

It looks like the imported shapes need to be adjusted to a non-dimensional size. You can do this manually by clicking on the shape in the Presets form, which opens the profile editor. Hit Apply on the editor and hopefully the shape will adjust. Let us know how that goes. 

We will investigate this further, so that this is taken care of automataiclly. If you can, could you send us your model and/or import file? You can do this through the forum direct message, or our support email ventsim.support@howden.com .