Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

VentLog reset?

Fred_K

Hello!

How can I reset my VentLog installation?

Reason I ask: I've been playing around with VentLog to see what I can do with it. In the very beginning I created a test .vlg file.

It's been a while and I managed to irretrievably delete this .vlg file. VentLog is now permanently stuck in an offline mode. I cannot access the Connection manager, because it is grayed out (possibly because it's in offline mode) and keeps on asking for a file that does not exist - without providing the possibility to create a "new" .vlg file or project.  Uninstalling and re-installing did not do the trick, same issue. The license however is active, we have a full license through Ventsim Design Premium.

What can I do about this? :) 

Best regards,

Fred

Hi Fred,

Is Ventlog opening up to an offline file and showing in offline mode? Or can you not get past an initial dialog message?

If it is showing as being in offline mode.  You can have a look and see if you can take a copy that offline file from where it is likely to be stored: C:\ProgramData\Chasm Consulting\Ventlog\  Copy that offline file and paste it where it is trying to find the original file and see if that works.  

There should also be a prompt when you try to switch back to online mode to ask if the original file location has changed, and so you could use that method to reconnect to the copy of the offline file that you had pasted.

If you need to reset everything.  You will need to delete all the Ventlog settings that persist across installations.

This means deleting everything in this folder: C:\ProgramData\Chasm Consulting\Ventlog

Then go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Chasm Consulting\Ventsim  but only delete the file named "VLogInfo.dat"

Then you will need to clear out the Application settings that persist across installations. In the file explorer, navigate to these 3 locations: (should work by just copy and pasting the value directly into the file path of the file explorer, as these work as shortcut folder links)

• %appdata%
  • %localappdata%
  • %appdata%/.../locallow

In each of these folders, look for any folders in those locations with the names like the following:

• Howden
  • Howden Group
  • Howden_Group
  • Chasm Consulting
  • Chasm_Consulting

(There isn’t likely all of these folder names, just depends on the version installed)

Then check inside those folders for folders that have Ventlog in the name and delete those folders.  They will look something like this:

image.png.d4ea0b63ca61ba153b5586d670a703c7.png

Just delete any of those folders found.

This will make it like you have a completely fresh installation.

Let me know if you still need any further assistance with Ventlog.

Regards,
Craig