Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Deswik Export / Merge

MonikaI

Hi,

I have exported a new design from Deswik (using Ventsim export). When I open the file in Ventsim, the layers, drive sizes, airway names etc are all correct. However, if I merge this exported Ventsim model with my current Ventsim file of the existing mine, then these attributes are incorrect (drives sizes, layers etc are all incorrect - ie they change in the merge process).

If I open, in Ventsim, the exported design file, then copy all the new design airways and paste them in the existing Ventsim mine file, again, the attributes do not copy correctly, hence I can not use the file without a lot of manipulation to change the airway sizes / layers / etc.

What is the best way to copy a new design CL from Deswik and add to an existing Ventsim file?

Thankyou

Monika

Hi Monika,

We have many cusotmer asking similar questions and we are working with Deswik on improving the transition from Deswik to VentSim.

The merge function currently has an issue that we are fixing. I will let you know when it is done.

The copy function should work. Do you use the Paste True Coordinate (merge presets) function?

It would also help us if you could send us your models so we can try the merge and paste function. 

You can send them to florian.michelin@howden.com.

Regards,

Florian

Hello,

I'd like also to say, that I have some problems with merge function as well - in my case the imported airways after merging from the other file are not in the place they are supposed to be. I mean coordinates are correct when I open both files separately but after merging the merged/imported airways are totally in wrong places. I imported them as DXF file just to check if I am not wrong and as DXF their coordinates are OK. So that's another thing to fix with this function.

Cheers,

Michał.

Hi Michal and Monika

The latest update of Ventsim minor release 5.2.8.4 at https://ventsim.com/download/minor-releases/ now addresses the issue raised in this topic on merging Deswik files.

The merging process now maintains the original airway in there original position and places the merged airway correctly in reference to the original airway.

The custom tunnel profiles of the original and merged file our merged and the custom profiles used in the merged model are now set correctly.

Regards

Don