Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Changes to Ventlog velocity calculator for adding new records

I would like to see an override option added to the airflow velocity record entry tool when entering new records such that more that just the last 2 entries are able to be averaged into the corrected velocity for select instances. There are several instances where this might be relevant. The most common I can see is when measuring an air velocity in a less than ideal location where the air velocity is moving faster on one side of the drift than the other. Sometimes these are in the only locations to take these readings (such as on a vent transfer level between raises). In these locations often I'll take 4 readings with consecutive airflow traverses going across the area in a different direction. What I would therefore be looking for is agreement (<10% error) between every other reading. If the 1st and 3rd measurements and the 2nd and 4th readings have good agreement then typically I would average all 4 readings and apply the correction factor to the average even if consecutive readings differed by greater than 10%.