Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Fixed flows not generating a warning with strict mode enabled

Mark

Hi,

I'm auditing a model and want to check for any fixed flows - I've set the strict mode and strict mode fixed flows and it is generating warnings for auto friction factors, but not for fixed flows in the model. 

Using Ventsim Design 5.4.8.2

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

The Strict Mode Fixed Flows option should generate warnings for any fixed flows that are adding pressure. If the fixed flow is adding resistance, it won't throw a warning. If you have pressure-adding fixed flows (the green ones) that are not generating a warning with the option on, then there is something wrong. In that case please send us the model at ventsim.support@howden.com and we will work out what is happening.  

image.png.8b388604887a6fcdddc41cdd1912a9b2.png

Hi Martin,

I see it is the case the fixed flows were only providing resistance and putting in some resistance in series changed it to providing pressure and the fixed flow error message came through as expected. Thank you.

Is there any way to select all of or find the fixed flows in a model? They are not good practice to have and I would like to identify if any have been used, without having to scan the whole model drive by drive.