Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Advanced Select / Search

Hi... A comment regarding the old F3 function. In Version 4, you could push the F3 function key and it would search to the next item based on the search criteria you had previously selected. The new search tool provides a similar functionality but has the replaced the F3 key with the "Find Next" button. In a similar fashion to version 4, in version 5 once you have clicked the "Find Next" button, by hitting the enter key you can scroll to the next item. The challenge is that if you have clicked off the "Advanced Find and Select" tool (e.g. when editing an airway), the enter key will no longer work as you have deselected the tool have placed the focus elsewhere. As a result you have to reselected the tool and hit the "Find Next" button again to move to the next item.

So to my question: It's a small thing, but could you please bring back the F3 key and bind it to the "Find Next" button. I honestly miss this functionality. This is particularly true (for me) when calibrating a model (i.e. when converting fixed flows in to orifices (to represent a regulator). This way the things we are used to doing in version 4 would be similar in version 5. I have had a look and as far as I can determine you have not allocated the F3 key to something else.

My thanks for your consideration of this request.

Hi Shane,

It actually works the same as 4.8 if you enter the presets window and click on a preset, r-click and select find the F3 key can be used to find the different preset items...

But I think you request is good idea, we can use the F3 to find the last selected items from the advanced find as well, should be something we can put in the next release...

Thanks for the feedback...

Cheers

Archived