Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Planning Engineer

Juan

Good Afternoon,

I am learning how to use Ventsim, I got a series of Vent surveys and would like to calibrate my model in order to see in the model what is really happening in UG, then would like to start testing scenarios at different stages to see potential improvements.

I know is a general question but could you please point where should I start looking and changing in the model which is already built. Thanks

Regards

Juan

Hi Juan, 

Calibrating the model against surveys is very important. However, a good idea is to first make sure that you're model is correctly configured before you start making adjustments to match the surveys. For example, it is not ideal if you correct the flow in an airway by adjusting the friction factor, when in fact you have the incorrect airway size entered. Because there is so much input data to a Ventsim model, it is possible there will be some errors.

A good place to start is the Audit Tool (Tools | Audit Tool). This will take you step by step through your model, advising you what to check in your model. It will even compile a check list of things in the model that need to be revised. Give it a go, and let us know if you have any problems.