Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Icons in text boxes - suggestion

Roy Moreby

Hi Martin

Any chance you could add the option to put an icon in the background of a text box or alternative target  shape (instead of only having the option to put a picture in as a texture or back ground).

I thought I had seen this before but I cannot get it to work on latest version - maybe I have forgotten how it is done?

I find it very handy to put pictures in to the pre set resistances etc - but I want to add more information not directly related to the simulation e.g. location of a continuous miner, refuge bay etc.

Thanks

Roy

You can drag and drop images from the Windows File Explorer into Ventsim. You can drop them on the background. But you can also drop them on an airway and the image will be saved to the airway. In this example, I've dropped the image on the airway and now it's saved as part of the Airway Notes. You can also write text here which will appear on the airway.

image.thumb.png.894601a865854da229db83b84d6b1886.png

You could use a picture in this way to represent a refuge bay. You may already be aware, but Ventsim now has a tool to add refuge bays (and an icon), from which you can also calculate Escape Routes to, as well as calculate across the model the distance to refuge bay and surface. 

You can also drop images onto the Presets. You can drag and drop an image on to a Resistance, Regulator, Fan or Heat Icon (representing a Preset) in the viewer and it will save with the Preset. You can also do it directly through the Presets form by clicking in the Icon column for the Preset. There are examples of this in the demonstration models: in the Metal Mine, a truck image is saved with the Truck AD55 Heat Preset; another example is on the Fans of the Coal Mine demo. 

image.thumb.png.c7b5e74b313bb6adbf729462a143950a.png

Hope this is what you're after, let us know. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Martin

What I really want to do is place large pictures on a ventsim model so they are visible e.g. the following shows where CMs are operating in a coal mine

image.thumb.png.aa446f46b9e92db5692ff3ef0b9a66f8.png

This is an excel shot where I pasted the pictures on.

As I understand it, I can add these pictures to a ventsim model as a texture then reference scale and move BUT each one has to be a separate reference which I cannot easily copy and paste. They also do not rotate with the screen view

I was hoping that I could put the picture into a single "frame" like a message box then copy and paste at will with each copy just referencing the same picture

Thanks

Roy