Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

errors with airway edit in staged model

Claudia Vejrazka

Hi guys,

I have noticed in the last version (5.4.3.2) that I seem to have consistent issues with editing airways that exist in multiple stages. The most consistent error is that when I want to remove an airway from that stage that I am currently displaying by unticking the stage box in the edit window it does all kinds of crazy things. Sometimes it refuses to do it completely, sometimes it recreates the airway as unique to that stage but leaves the airway alone in other stages and sometimes it deletes the airway in all other stages and makes it unique to the current one. This sometimes also happens when modifying airways in stages that are not currently displayed, but not as consistent. 

I also had issues with updating airway cross-sectional profiles in staged models that it would revert back to what it was previously when saving the model and reopening it. I haven't been able to pinpoint what action would cause the model to revert back, after updating a number of times it eventually stuck, but it meant a lot of rework.

Hi Claudia, 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and apologies for the inconvenience caused. We've fixed the first issue you've reported; we are releasing a new version of the software today or tomorrow which will have this fix. I'll post here again when it is available. 

The second issue we haven't been able to reproduce. To clarify, airway profile changes are sometimes not saving with the model save? Is this for applying custom shape profiles? We will keep investigating this. 

Yes, we have custom tunnel profiles that we then apply to custom tunnel types. 

I think the issue might be that in the presets for the tunnel types it doesn't maintain the selected custom profile but reverts back to the first standard profile, which is 'square', which then seems to update the drives when saving and closing.