Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Saving simulation results of annual thermal flywheel?

Fred_K

Hello!

I've noticed that during tests with the available demo files that the results of a heat simulation can be saved - the results are accessible after opening the saved file.

To me it seems that the thermal flywheel simulation is similar to the regular heat simulation, but runs two simulations for every month (preliminary and final) using changed WBT/DBT, plus an initialization and a finalization run.

However, when running an annual thermal flywheel, the results are not saved - the values for the months revert back to the pre-simulation values. Why is that so? Is there a way around this if I want to show the results to someone? I don't see a point in exporting the values for every airway into a spreadsheet.

Cheers,

Fred

Hi Fred, 

Thanks for your message. We don't save the Annual Flywheel data to the model because it's quite a lot of data and increases the size of the file. So you have to rerun it every time you reopen. 

I understand that you may want to save it to the model, particularly on a very large model which may take a long time to run. What we can do in a future version of the software is add the data to the model save, but prompt the user and only save it if the user wants. We do something similar already with the monitor data from Dynamic Simulations.  

We will do this in a future version, I will let you know when. For now, you will have to rerun the flywheel simulation after loading your model. 

• 1 month later...