Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Assigning text to layers

When placing text, it doesn’t have the option to attach to specific layers. For instance, I have my model separated per level with secondary layers.

If I place text on a level, and switch the layer off, the text stays visible. So if I have text on 8 different levels, and switch 7 layers off, the text from all the levels stay hanging in the air.

How can I link that text to switch off with the layers, or even have text assigned to one specific layer?

Also, when I have some text placed on my ventsim model, and I accidently delete the text, the undo button doesn’t bring the text back.

Any other airway or something else that I delete can be returned with the undo button but not text. Why is that?

Hi Andre, 

Currently, the message boxes do not respect the Layer or Air Type visibility, even if the message boxes are assigned to an airway. This is something that we'll have a look at adding in a future release. I will keep you updated of any change. The message boxes do respect the Level visibility though.

In the meantime, another option you have is to add notes on the Airway Notes tab of the Edit form. Anything you write here will appear as part of the airway text and therefore follow the visibility of the airway. Although this won't look the same as the message boxes would.

Including message box addition and deletion as part of the Undo is something that we will look at too.