Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Friction edits and Resistance changes

Andre Broodryk

When changing the friction factor of one airway, the resistance type placed on that same airway stays in place, whether it's a custom or pre-set resistance.

However, as soon as I highlight more than one airway, and change the friction factor of those airways, all the resistances placed in the airways are deleted, whether it's walls or doors or any custom resistance.

This is making it very frustrating when changing the friction factors of multiple airways in a large model at the same time, because all the seals placed along those airways disappear.

Is there a reason for this or can it be avoided?

Hi Andre, sorry you're having this problem. I've tried recreating the issue with Ventsim version 5.2.9.7 and I haven't had any success. 

Can I ask which version of Ventsim you are using? If you are using a version of Ventsim 5.2, are you using the new or old Edit Form? 

If you are not on the latest version of Ventsim 5.2 (available here: https://ventsim.com/download/currentdownloads/ ) then I suggest you update, this may resolve the issue. 

Let me know how you go.