Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Validated data

Stalin

Hi, 

The Ventsim simulation code is based predominantly on the work in McPherson's Subsurface Ventilation Engineering book available here:

https://www.mvsengineering.com/index.php/downloads/publications

There are many examples there against which Ventsim can be tested. 

If you have a specific query about any aspect of Ventsim, please don't hesitate to ask.

The power of the fans is calculated according to standard Fan Laws. A good summary of Fan Laws and Theory can be found here: 

https://www.mvsengineering.com/files/Subsurface-Book/MVS-SVE_Chapter10.pdf

In Ventsim, the power of the fan is calculated firstly by working out the fluid power of the fan, which is the quantity multiplied by the pressure.

Then the shaft power is worked out. How this is done depends on what information you have added for the fan. If you have defined a power curve as part of your fan, then the shaft power is calculated from this curve; if you have no power curve, but have an efficiency curve, then this is used instead. If no power or efficiency curve is included, then fan default efficiency from the settings is used. 

The shaft power and the electrical power are reported in the Fan Info box on the Fan Tab of the Edit Box.

Thanks for the answer.

To calculate the power of the fans, I fixed the flow at the air exits (exhaust fans) of the mine. Then I simulate the pressure loss (Pressure Collar TP) on these exits.

With these values (flow and pressure loss = Pressure Collar TP), I select the fans.

I would like to know how to obtain the calculation report for the pressure loss (Pressure Collar TP) calculated.

Does the Ventsim program generate this type of report?

After you have run your simulation, press Escape to clear your airway selection, then go to Run | Summary. In this form, you have several tabs which will give you a summary of the model. 

If you want to summarise just a portion of the mine, then you can select airways before running the Summary. 

You might also find the Tools | Spreadsheet function valuable for summarising or collating data from across the model. A good explanation of the Spreadsheet function can be found here: