Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Problem with dwg. file for reference

Hello I have the problem of creating an airway model from the dwg reference data. The dwg mine layout plan contains the information about the floor lines and the roof lines. I wanted to create the airways with the convert any or convert floor lines option. Both do not work. How do I have to proceed here? Is it helpful to only use the floor lines? Do These have to be closed? Thanks for your help.

Ventsim Frage.JPG

Hi,

Convert any applies to 3D faces.

The correct option here would to use convert floor line. However, you should remove the roof lines until after it is done.

Could you show us what the result is when using convert floor lines?

Also, if possible, we always recommend to use centrelines to create the model which should be available from software which created the floor lines.

Florian

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Florian,

thanks for your support. We removed the roof lines. However, I still get the message "Click inside a tunnel". Our mine maps are created as dwg files in AutoCAD. For us it would be very time-consuming to add the center lines to the maps. What is the specific procedure for using the Convert Floor Lines tool?
Is it possible to use the reference lines as a sketch and thus draw the routes directly in ventsim?

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.b9064c2f6e627482b78484b910cb8a84.JPG

Hi Stephanie, 

Please update to the latest version of Ventsim, version 5.4.3.0, available at our website: https://ventsim.com/download/currentdownloads/

Then select the Convert Floor Lines tool, and drag a fence with the mouse over the floorlines you want to convert. Do a small portion at a time, rather than the whole model at once. 

You can then use Tools | Filter to clean up, join and reduce airways.

image.thumb.png.de8a73708ff2097cd9e8fc698e0d1769.png

image.thumb.png.ecc4c97a308e8ac94667e227eef94379.png

Hallo Martin,

i updated my last Version of ventsim to version 5.4.3.0. Now the tool works better, but I still have the Problem that not all ways are recognized. Is it important that the sections of the route have the same width? Normally, should Ventsim use the floor lines aa orientation and Project an airway into the middle?

Thank you for your help.

Strecke.JPG

Hi Stephanie, 

The tool is not foolproof; it requires clean up after. For complicated airways, with small offshoots, or closely parallel sections, as in your image above, you need to fix these manually yourself. 

Also, the tool does not calculate an airway width. The airway width used is the default airway width, which is set in Settings | General | Airway Defaults | Size Width. You need to adjust the width of the airways afterwards yourself. This is also the case for the Convert Centrelines tool. 

Let us know how you go.