Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

New Edit Box

I suppose, like perhaps several other users, I was initially reluctant to make use of the New Edit Box that has been created. However, I have now “forced” myself to make use of it and have since become accustomed to it. I would like to provide the following feedback and recommendations:

·         In general, I think the new edit box works very well.

·         It does take a while to get used to, due to the tabular fashion in which it is structured. This is probably only because one did not find something where it used to be.

·         Functionally it is good and seems to work very well.

·         I know that there was an issue with regards to the Z coordinate that has since been corrected (on a partial release). I am not sure if all users have received this befit yet. It will probably happen soon with whatever new update is released.

Recommendations:

·         The one thing that I seriously miss is the old red “X” (i.e. reset button). This was great when you wanted reset to default Resistances, Friction Factors, Shock X, Fans, Heat, Explosives and so on. Please bring this feature back. Not having it changes what was once a one-click function into 2 or 3 steps

Hi Shane, 

As always, really appreciate the feedback. The coordinate save issue for multiple airways has been fixed; we've just today pushed out version 5.4.3.0, an official release, so users will be prompted to update. 

Thanks for the suggestion on the Clear button. We will have a discussion about including a Clear or Reset button for different fields. It doesn't fit as neatly in the current grid format as it does in the old form, so we might have to get creative. I will keep you posted on any updates we make. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Calen, 

Thanks for your question. Have you looked at the Stage dropdown on the Edit Box? With this tool, you can add or subtract airways to any stage. Is this the sort of thing you're after? 

This doesn't create a detached copy though. Another option you have is to go to the Tools menu of the Edit Box and use the Apply To Specific Stages tool. With this tool, any change you've made in the Edit Box can be applied to any stage. If you apply the change to a different stage, then this will create detached copies of the airways. 

Let us know how you go. 

image.png.bd3af2a923a8de78b076d3b2c0d20fbc.png