Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Text Rotation Options

Jill Davis

Is there a way to display the text relative to the direction of airflow? I am exporting the ventilation network to a dxf to prepare maps in ArcGIS. I thought in V2, the text was displayed parallel to the direction of airflow like I have shown in the first image. The exports from V5 have all the text shown horizontally as in the second image. It would just make my maps look cleaner without having to manually rotate the text in AutoCAD. 

Thank you!

Vent_Network_from_V2.PNG

DXF_Export_from_V5.PNG

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Martin... Very helpful - thanks.

Not all Ventsim users (myself included) have access to advanced CAD tools. The freebie type packages like Draftsite are very good but can be limited in functionality. As a result, I use Ventsim to import the references files and the export after i have manipulated. Sometimes I receive very complex and large CAD files from clients that sometime needs to be broken up.

Based on a recent experience, I have noticed that when exporting all reference are exported into a single layer. Could I ask you to consider the following in future:

1. In the Export to DXF function, include an Export option to Split by Layer Names (e.g. REFERENCES_LAYER_1 or REFERENCES_NAME)
  2. In the Export to DXF function, include an Export option to Split by Layer Colors (i.e. similar to the Import Function) (e.g. REFERENCES_BLUE)
  3. Lastly, I am sure there are licencing issues here, but is DXF the only format you can export to? It would be advantageous if you could also export to DWG as it is a smaller file format.

My thanks

Archived