Ventilation & Flow Simulation Forums

Vanishing Airways

ersoyci

Hello.

I have VentSim Design Premium Full License Version 5.1.1.0 64 bit.

When I copy and paste airways to another VentSim file, some of the copied airways are vanishing when I click "Air Simulation" button. Ctrl+Z brings them back but they vanish all the time I refresh air simulation.

Any help will be appreciated.

C.

Hi,

Here are a few things to look at:

• Look at the number of airways at the bottom of the screen: if the number does not change after simulation it is a visibility issue.
    • Try: right click and show all and see if the airways come back. The airway might be hidden for some of the following reasons.
    • Check if the View>Hide Zero Flow is turned on, it is possible that those airways are imported with flow from previous simulation but no flow after running the simulation.
    • Some of the value range might be hidden.
  • If the number of airways is smaller after simulation:
    • Are you copying the airways at the same place as other airways in the model? If 2 airways are at the same position, one will be deleted after simulation and the one of the airway could be hidden.

If none of the above works, you might want to get the latest version from our website: http://www.ventsim.com/download/current-downloads/

If it is still an issue, send us the model at support@ventsim.com.

Florian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Florian,

The problem is not hidden airways or model. We experience similar problems in different models at different computers. Sometimes airways vanish, sometimes vent ducts. An additional problem is that friction factor of ducts change randomly to custom and when we try to select "flexible duct" again, it automatically makes it 29 kg/m3 instead of 0.0029.

Many other problems we encounter with new version, it is more like an Alpha version instead of stable release. It is a bit frustrating.

C.

Hi,

Another customer had a similar issue recently and we uploaded a new version to fix a disappearing issue. I hope this latest version fixes your problem. If it doesn't, please send us your model at support@ventsim.com. 

I did not see this duct change here, do you know what triggers the custom values? Is it after simulating or editing a large amount of airway...?

We are very concerned about the issue you are experiencing and we will do our best to fix it a soon as possible.

Florian

• 4 weeks later...

Florian...

This could just be a layer issue (similar to the one I experienced). I have found with older models the problem normally comes down to custom airway types or custom layers that were previously created.

I would suggest that the user attempt to first create a blank model and then attempt to copy and paste all the airways into the new model using the Paste Airways and not the Merge Presets option.

Hope this helps

• 9 months later...

Hi, we've fixed up one problem in relation to the paste airways function. Could you please download the latest patch (version 5.2.7.1) from the following page and check again.

https://ventsim.com/download/minor-releases/

If the problem still occurs could you please tell us how many airways are disappearing? Also, to make it easier for us to isolate the problem, if possible send us the models for which you're seeing this problem, to ventsim.support@howden.com 

Thanks,

Martin

• 2 months later...
On 8/22/2019 at 8:27 AM, Martin Griffith said:

Hi, we've fixed up one problem in relation to the paste airways function. Could you please download the latest patch (version 5.2.7.1) from the following page and check again.

https://ventsim.com/download/minor-releases/

If the problem still occurs could you please tell us how many airways are disappearing? Also, to make it easier for us to isolate the problem, if possible send us the models for which you're seeing this problem, to ventsim.support@howden.com 

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Martin,

This problem still occurs with the most recent version. I have sent you the model for your check. Waiting feedback.

C.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Just a quick update that may affect on the solution.

The vanished airways seem to be the ones which we last edit on previous SAVE. For example, if I remove an obstruct/regulator or something over airway ID 650, or modify the settings of a fan working on airway ID 700, the next time I open the file airways ID650 and 700 vanish.

This seems to also lead to the Airway Shape Randomly Changes Bug as well.

I hope this can give an insight to the bug.

Regards,

Cihan